Old August 3rd 03, 10:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Matthew Malthouse Matthew Malthouse is offline

Default Trafalgar Square

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 16:22:06 +0100 Jack Taylor wrote:
}
} "Jonn Elledge" wrote in message
} ...
} Stopped for a look round it yesterday, for the first time since the
} roadworks have been finished. It's a bit good, isn't it? Actually feels
} like
} a proper world square now, instead of a road junction that happens to have
} a
} guy stood on a pole in the middle of it. An Irish friend of mine said
} something similar, and mentioned that when he'd first been there five
} years
} ago he'd been disappointed at how uncivilized it was.
}
} Just thought I'd break things up a bit by saying something nice about this
} place...
}
} I was there the other day and thought the same! Nice, 'innit!

Walked through it this afternoon with guests from out of town and we
were much impressed.

Matthew
--
Il est important d'être un homme ou une femme en colère; le jour où nous
quitte la colère, ou le désir, c'est cuit. - Barbara

http://www.calmeilles.co.uk/