Old November 3rd 04, 03:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default What is the oldest object or construction in the world...

In message , John Rowland
writes

The Surrey Iron Railway

Does anyone organise walks of the line?

I don't know (although the tiny Wandle Industrial Museum might).
However, I do recall that the standard short book on the SIR (*)
includes descriptions and maps of a number of walks you could take along
the line.

(*) I seem to have mislaid my copy, but I'm pretty sure it must be
"First public railway - Surrey Iron Railway" by Derek Bayliss. Available
from the Wandle Museum:

http://www.curator.pwp.blueyonder.co...htg/framed.htm
--
Paul Terry