Old November 3rd 04, 04:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin Mayes Robin Mayes is offline

Default 2005 fares leaflet

"Adam" wrote in message

Ok, re-read (several times) and I finally saw that the Marylebone-West
Ruislip bit applies for pre-pay, not LT - although way before Oyster
came out I'm convinced that it was valid - and so has every ticket
person and inspector I've ever met.

You could well be right, I'll try and dig up some old inter-availability
information tomorrow.

Answer me this then (if you will). If I buy a single Oyster ticket zone
1-6 can I travel within zone 1 (lets say from Oxford Circus) to
Marylebone, change onto the Chiltern line and get off at West Ruislip?

Certain interchanges that are achievable by "out of station interchange" -
that is to say, going through one set of ticket gates, a short (usually)
walk and then entering another station / entrance are allowed - The gates
and Oystercards are programmed for this without you being double charged. I
believe this may have been one of the issues that has caused capping to have
taken so long to implement.

Thanks all for your input. I think this does show how overly
complicated the ticket system has got - and what a bunch of helpful lot
we have on here!

The fares system has become extremely complicated because of the different
ticketing options available, mainly because Oystercard technology has been
implemented in stages.

It also now seems that buying singles each way on a daily basis (aka
Oyster pre-pay) is cheaper than buying a period travelcard. I'd always
thought you got benefit from getting an annual/period ticket.

Monthlies and longer always used to work out cheaper but marketing and
planning appear to have moved away from this rule as more ticketing types
have been introduced. Once capping is operational these anomalies should be
resolved.