Old November 4th 04, 05:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Oyster cards and Help unable to help

In message , at 21:51:09
on Wed, 3 Nov 2004, ITMA remarked:
Also, if I did get an Oyster card, and used it on a national rail
network train and was asked for a ticket, is the inspector going to believe
my ticket is valid when all he can see is a bit of blue plastic?

My understanding is that Oyster Cards are valid on vanishingly few
National Rail routes, and therefore the question is largely moot.
Whether this is cause or effect, I don't know. This "restriction" on the
Oyster is one of the most confusing things for people used to buying a
paper Travelcard.

And how many times will NR do an on-board ticket inspection during the
limited travel time one of their trains is inside the Tfl zones, anyway?