Old November 5th 04, 10:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default Single decked 213

Paul Corfield wrote to uk.transport.london on Fri, 5 Nov 2004:

It's also not helped by TfL's policy of bus
service expansion having been stopped in favour of money being spent of
the Tube. While I can't deny the Tube needs money spent on it I would
love to have seen what sort of bus network we would have got on the most
expansionist of Tf:'s policy options. I suspect we will never know as I
can't see an enlightened bus policy being pursued in the rest of this
Mayoral term or any subsequent one.

All the same, Paul, buses are infinitely better than they were even five
years ago. More frequent, less crowded and one can even usually get on
a Southbound bus in Brixton at 18.00 without having to let six or seven
go past already full! Sometimes there are so many buses on the road,
each with about two passengers on board, that you wonder whether they
haven't over-expanded!
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/