Old November 5th 04, 11:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

Default Oyster cards and Help unable to help

On 5 Nov 2004 01:51:59 -0800, (LarryLard) wrote:

When Southern do a full station block (inside the zonal area), there
are people on the line with Oyster card readers.

My line (SWT) has ticket inspectors/sellers and most of them don't
have the Oyster readers. SOme of them are OK if you just show them
the blue wallet (not the card - its buried inside somewhere on mine)
but some check the validity of it by the following method: "What
zones is on that sir?" I've never been asked what the expiry date is
though.

I can't remember the
last time I saw an *on-train* inspection, but then I only use Southern
in the peaks, at which time it would not be feasilble to carry out an
on-train inspection.

A get my ticket check on most journeys