Old August 4th 03, 09:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Ed Crowley Ed Crowley is offline

Default Yellow Arrows on Tube Ticket

"Colin McKenzie" wrote in message
2) Clapham Junction, north end. This time a new machine which doesn't do
any railcard fares, ticket office closed, no 'permit to travel' machine,
no time to go to the south end. I can't find any fare on the machine
within 30p of what I should pay, so don't buy a ticket. As it turns out,
my destination has no ticket machine of any kind, so free ride. I think
that's reasonable and my conscience is clear.

The new NR ticket machines are an absolute disgrace, the user interface is
terrible and slow. The old push-button ticket machines were much quicker.