Old November 8th 04, 01:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Too many bus stops in london?

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote in message ...
(Boltar)typed

Stuck in a traffic jam again this morning caused (surprise surprise)
by a bus crawling along the road and stopping in the middle of it even when
it could pull into the bus stop,

Knowing that, if he pulled into a bus stop, London's considerate drivers
would not let him out.

Irrelevant. He's supposed to pull into stops. If he doesn't then he's not
doing his job properly aside from the fact that it risks boarding passengers
getting hit by undertaking cyclists or bikers.

They are only closely spaced when separated by major junctions that are
difficult to cross on foot IME. Otherwise, the spacing is closer to 400
metres.

400 metres? You must be joking. Not from what I've seen.

Are the people who
use the bus too bone idle to be able to walk more than the length of a
football pitch to get to the stop?

I AM NOT BONE IDLE; I AM DISABLED!

Then how do you fit your wheelchair on the bus then in the rush hour?
And why can't you use one of those special council run disabled services?

Another way of reducing jams in London would be to reduce unnecessary
car journeys.

Some however are necessary.

(And anyone who tells me that I should
be in the bus instead of my car anyway can just save their typing right now
because if they think I'm changing twice and spending probably 90 mins in 3
juddering buses and waiting in the rain to travel 9 miles they're living in
dreamland. If the tube or train was an option I'd use them but they arn't.)

Get a bicycle then.

Thanks for the standard issue right-on reply. Very helpful. Besides I
don't fancy cycling on the north circular as I'd rather like to live for more
than a week and aside from which I doubt my boss would appreciate me arriving
sweaty/wet/tired/ill.

B2003