Old November 8th 04, 02:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jim Brown Jim Brown is offline

Default Too many bus stops in london?

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote in message ...
"John Rowland" typed

"Boltar" wrote in message
om...

I suddenly wondered why it was deemed necessary
to have a bus stop every 200 hundred metres.

Is it?

Bus stops tend to be located near important side roads, so that people who
may already have walked the length of several football pitches to get to the
bus route don't have to walk any further to get to the stop.

Some people might be carrying heavy shopping or wriggly babies too...

Though as a heavy bus user myself I think there could be a
rationalisation of some of the stops. I note all the above points but
some of the spacing is rather close leading to much frustration to the
bus passengers as well.

Jim