Old November 9th 04, 12:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default Too many bus stops in london?

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote to uk.transport.london on Mon, 8 Nov 2004:

Mrs Redboots typed

Do feel free to point out where Helen said she used a wheelchair?

Thanks. I'm not yet in a wheelchair and walk without a stick but I
*can't* walk very far (about 200 metres).

Is what I seem to remember from earlier postings of yours!

Why do you make such an assumption - I know loads of people who are
disabled (including my sister-in-law and my nephew) who don't use a
wheelchair.

Most disabled people are neither in wheelchairs, nor blind. There seems
to be much provision for these, less for people like me who can't walk
far and need seats downstairs on the buses.

My in-laws are blind, as it happens, but, as you so rightly say, it's
mostly people who can't walk very well. Which new buses simply don't
address, if you ask me, as there's such a long way to go before you can
sit down, and no conductor to help you on and off.

My sister-in-law thinks it's very funny that the bell-pushes on modern
buses have markings in Braille on them - by the time you've found the
bell-push, would you actually need the Braille to tell you that you
have?
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/