Old November 9th 04, 03:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
thoss thoss is offline

Default Too many bus stops in london?

In article , Boltar
writes
I take it you would be all in favour of the proposed West London Tram,
because that would drastically cut down the number of stops along
Uxbridge Road. It's one of the best arguments against the tram, IMHO.

Sounds like a good idea to me then. No doubt the nimbys in croydon said
the same thing 5 years ago.

The difference between the two schemes is that a large part of the
Croydon tram runs along disused railway lines. West London is designed
to go straight down the Uxbridge Road all the way from Shepherd's Bush
to Uxbridge, with other traffic banned in several places along the way.

--
Thoss