Old November 9th 04, 04:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Northern Line Indicator Boards

"Zac" typed

Several times in the last week (about 0810), the indicator boards at
Totteridge and Whetstone have shown :

1) Morden via Bank
2) Kennington via Charing Cross
3) Morden via Bank

The CX train then changes to "not in service", when this train arrives it
has "not in service" displayed on the front, but already has passengers on
boards, and lets on at T&W. It then changes to a labelled CX train at West
Finchley, and carries through to Kennington.

Has happened 3 times in the last 10 days or so at about the same time. Any
ideas why ?

Could it be to try to stop people boarding at T&W and WP, and let WF's
passengers get a seat ?

My nearest station is Burnt Oak, which is the first stop after Edgware
on the other northern fringe of the Northern Line.

My rule of thumb is "If three trains are indicated and the first is more
than 3 minutes away, CORRECTION will flash up before a train arrives."
It is seldom wrong.

Edgware is less than 3 minutes away, which might have something to do with it.

The indicators are much mor reliable at Hampstead, which is the last
place I'd normally get a seat off-peak.

It's usually best for me to take the first train and change at Hampstead
or (horrors) Camden Town. Maybe you should do the same and change at
Highgate.

I suspect it's cock-up rather than conspiracy...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.