Old November 9th 04, 08:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] romic@cix.compulink.co.uk is offline

Default Northern Line Indicator Boards

In article , (Mark Brader)
wrote:

Several times in the last week (about 0810), the indicator boards at
Totteridge and Whetstone have shown :

1) Morden via Bank
2) Kennington via Charing Cross
3) Morden via Bank

The CX train then changes to "not in service", when this train
arrives it has "not in service" displayed on the front, but already
has passengers on boards, and lets on at T&W. It then changes to a
labelled CX train at West Finchley...

Why do you assume it's deliberate? Does it not occur to you it might
simply be a fault that the technicians haven't been able to fix yet?

Do the train describers on the platforms and the destination sign on the
train receive information from the same source, then? I would have
thought
they'd be independent, but I guess if the train signs are electronic,
that
no longer needs to be the case.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto "It is almost always wrong to strive for
gilt by association." --Martin Ambuhl

see:

http://www.romilepa.pwp.blueyonder.c...tbk/index.html

for info on the Northern Line Positive Train Identification system
(also Track Circuit Interrupters and Position Detectors)

Roger
(my reader sometimes loses mail/newsgroup messages
- if you think you should have had a reply/comment,
please e-mail me again. Ta!)