Old November 10th 04, 05:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Bradley David Bradley is offline

Default West London Tram Scheme

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:33:20 GMT, Jan-Martin Hertzsch
wrote:

David Bradley wrote:
... The document can be found at:
http://www.cyberpictures.net/WLTTbusSolution.doc

Being in Microsoft Word document format ...

... it may happen that some readers can not access this
document at all because they don't have a reader for this
format. Would you be so kind and translate it into HTML?
Then anybody with a web browser could read it.

Jan-Martin

Converting the document into HTML format has resulted in the
presentation of many of the tables into a most unsatisfactory format.
They are corrupted so badly that the effort to manually tidy it all up
would be extensive. Perhaps converting to PDF format might be a
possibility, but I don't have that software.

Then of course not every web browser renders mark-up in the same way,
even if it is HTML4.01 compliant, so I can't win there either!

For those that don't have MS Word available on their PC, then the
solution is to use the free Word Viewer obtainable from:
http://office.microsoft.com/download...wd97vwr32.aspx.

Yes MS Word is not the best way to circulate the information to
newsgroup readers but I am sure if the end user is really **that**
interested, a way will be found to read the document. In excess of a
100 downloads have been made since posting my original message, so
perhaps we are all worrying about this issue quite unnecessarily.

David Bradley