Old November 10th 04, 06:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default West London Tram Scheme

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 18:11:00 +0000, David Bradley
wrote:

Then of course not every web browser renders mark-up in the same way,
even if it is HTML4.01 compliant, so I can't win there either!

Erm, that's the whole point! If you are trying to get your pages to
look that same, you will go slowly mad to no benefit. Don't even try.
If the document is important, it will be the content that matters, not
the presentation.

For those that don't have MS Word available on their PC, then the
solution is to use the free Word Viewer obtainable from:
http://office.microsoft.com/download...wd97vwr32.aspx.

Yes MS Word is not the best way to circulate the information to
newsgroup readers but I am sure if the end user is really **that**
interested, a way will be found to read the document.

But you've lost the people who might quickly glance at it to see if it
was of interest.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK