Old August 4th 03, 04:04 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.legal,uk.transport.london
Evinrude Rudder Evinrude Rudder is offline

Default Parking ticket - advice, please?

(AOL's down again...) wrote in message . com...
Hi folks.

On saturday last, I got a parking ticket in the delightful London
borough of Southwark. The ticket was issued by APCOA Parking for and
on behalf of the aforementioned London Borough. I was parked in a bay
marked "PERMIT HOLDERS ONLY MON-FRI 8am - 6pm". The ticket states that
the attendant believed I was "PARKED IN A PERMIT BAY WITHOUT
DISPLAYING A VALID PERMIT".

snip

Can anyone help me out with the correct (i.e. best) way to go about
this?

Gather your evidence. A photograph of the sign reading ""PERMIT
HOLDERS ONLY MON-FRI 8am - 6pm" should logically take the wind out off
their sales, but be prepared for bureaucracy to put up a fight.