Old November 10th 04, 07:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Chris Read Chris Read is offline

Default Principles of LU gate operation

"Tony Wilson" wrote:

I just cannot understand why along this whole stretch of District line you
have lone people sitting there bored out of their minds afraid to

challenge
anyone when they could travel as a group of 6 or 8 people and properly

check
just one of these stations at a time at random.

I believe all LU stations have to be manned during the hours of service
operation, so the solitary staff members cannot be removed, even if they
(and by proxy the union) agreed to undertake a different sort of work -
which is unlikely. A shame, because your suggestion is a good one.

PS Does this remind anyone of bendy buses?

Ah yes, the 'free' buses which are responsible for our bus fares and council
tax going up!

Chris