Old November 10th 04, 10:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default West London Tram Scheme

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Dr Ivan D. Reid wrote:

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 18:11:00 +0000, David Bradley
wrote in :

Converting the document into HTML format has resulted in the
presentation of many of the tables into a most unsatisfactory format.
They are corrupted so badly that the effort to manually tidy it all up
would be extensive. Perhaps converting to PDF format might be a
possibility, but I don't have that software.

I do the following:
a) Print to a PostScript printer and select "print to file".
b) In cygwin or Linux use ps2pdf13 to convert the PostScript to .pdf.

Only works if you have a UNIX-alike system to play with, of course.

You can do (b) with Ghostscript, which runs natively (ie without Cygwin)
on Windows, too; you just feed it the PostScript file and tell it to use
pdf as its output device (i forget the exact flags, but it's pretty
straightforward).

Alternatively, use a Mac, where you can print straight to PDF without any
fancy software - or at least, any fancy software other than OS X!

tom

--
I'm angry, but not Milk and Cheese angry. -- Mike Froggatt