Old November 11th 04, 02:20 PM posted to misc.transport.rail.europe,uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Spyke Spyke is offline

Default Dangers of High Speed Trains Pushed from the Rear

In message , James Robinson
writes
That
total mass is what creates the tendency to jackknife. The only way to
avoid it is to run separate, individual vehicles, since there would then
be nothing to push from behind. Individual vehicles are what run on
highways. Trains run on tracks.

Don't say that too loudly otherwise the media and safety mafia will be
screaming for all real trains to be replaced by dogboxes! :-)
--
Spyke
Address is valid, but messages are treated as junk. The opinions I express do