Old November 11th 04, 08:36 PM posted to misc.transport.rail.europe,uk.railway,uk.transport.london
James Robinson James Robinson is offline

Default Dangers of High Speed Trains Pushed from the Rear

David Hansen wrote:

James Robinson wrote this:

- There is no mention of the power setting in the interim report.

Irrelevant. We know that with the brakes applied traction power
cannot be obtained.

Yes, I'll grant you that.

Yes, it's likely that an emergency application was made, but my point
was that the RI report was not detailed enough to make that clear, and
people are jumping to conclusions.

Beyond that, the other three points I made still stand.