Old November 11th 04, 09:54 PM posted to misc.transport.rail.europe,uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Nev Arthur Nev Arthur is offline

Default Dangers of High Speed Trains Pushed from the Rear

"Nev Arthur" wrote
Ah! See, you're talking to a passenger train driver here! I
don't know of all these tricks of the trade. On a Eurostar if
you make a brake application of more than just a bit, then the
power gets cut off. If the brake is slightly on, you cannot
take power either. That can cause much consternation when the
driver hasn't realised the brake is on slightly.

"BH Williams" wrote
The wonderful traction interlock... Just make sure you don't
get problems with it on MY little railway, Nev- you b****** are
bad enough when the snow gets in the motors. What turns are you
on at the moment ?

That's your fault, you keep the Tunnel too warm! ;-)
I'm on the Disney on Monday, 9074 I think, 09.39 out of WIT.
First one back into the UK on Tuesday, about 07.00 on your bit.
That's what's scheduled anyway.
Good luck to you and your colleagues, I know it's a bit miserable
there with the cuts and that. :-(
Nev