Old August 4th 03, 05:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default Yellow Arrows on Tube Ticket

In article , Richard J.
writes
If you were honest, you could have purchased your ticket from the
machine at your destination - but you decide not to do so and
publicly admit your guilt as well. How odd.

Get real. How many people would do that? Just you I think.

The fact that others are thieves doesn't mean he should become one.

[And, yes, I have paid in similar circumstances.]

You mean you have voluntarily donated[1] the price of your journey to LU by
buying a ticket for another journey of the same price?

Actually, no.

Firstly, the actual circumstances were WAGN, not LUL. Secondly, I went
and bought a ticket for the journey I had just completed from the ticket
office.

How very generous of
you.

No, how very honest of me.

To take another example, if you inadvertently overrun by 5 minutes the
paid-for time at a parking meter, do you regard that as the theft of the
extra 20p or whatever? If so, how do you proceed?

I don't. It's an offence to put extra money in the meter. It's not an
offence to overstay a few minutes, but there is an excess charge *if
demanded*. So I'm legal.

Or like most people, do
you just drive away relieved that you've got away with it?

I'm relieved. But it's not the same situation.

I also sometimes overpay the meter compared with the time I'm expecting
to stay, so it balances.

--
Clive D.W. Feather, writing for himself | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: