Old November 14th 04, 08:45 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.transport.london
Paul Robson Paul Robson is offline

Default Microchipped number plates

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 00:15:51 +0000, Matthew Maddock wrote:

I do believe that this sort of device is the way forward. I'm
not saying that it will be without its own set of problems, but
if one million motorists are happily driving around uninsured,
then the current system is far from acceptable. Whether
the public sector has the ability to pull it off remains to
be seen!!

Why not have a simpler system ; like an insurance disk on
the windscreen ?

Or rather than the Police trying to automate everything, they could get
off their arses and do something about it.