Old November 14th 04, 01:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Route 12 - bendy bus? Any more routes?

Mrs Redboots typed

My main problems with the bendies is that they don't have an upper deck!
I do hate standing on a bus,

I am a liability standing...

and you so often can't get a seat on
single-decker buses.

True. I *hate* asking but have to do this sometimes.

And then I end up not being able to see out of the
front window,

I rather like to know where I am, which is really difficult in some
places on many buses.

and feeling rather car-sick. Which also applies if I sit
in the extension. I'd far, far rather haul myself up the stairs of a
double-decker for a journey of any length.

I'd rather haul myself upstairs than either go without a seat or have to
ask for one. Frankly, I'd rather do neither but the fit young things
occupying the 'Priority' seats don't seem to have a clue. Talking of
which, the 'Priority Seat' stickers seem to be disappearing, making it
even more difficult for me to ask for a seat. Does anyone know why? I'm
sure some are being picked off, but there's no trace of some where there
really ought to be.

I will only go upstairs for a long trip (it was my choice yesterday to
watch the sunset from Edgware to St John's Wood yesterday) but I had to
go upstairs for my return trip (Gloucester Place to Golders Green) to
get a seat.

I am reasonably safe on stairs but really, I should not be going up...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.