Old August 4th 03, 07:10 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.legal,uk.transport.london
Dave Dave is offline

Default Parking ticket - advice, please?

Wanderer writes
Are you satisfied that the details on the ticket are correctly entered? Has
the warden put the correct date down? If everything is correctly entered,
then I'd sit on it until you get the relevant notice to owner, but if
they're not then at best he could be acting dishonestly or fraudulently,
and I think I'd want a solicitor's opinion on that! Do you have a legal
assistance option on your car or house insurance? You might be able to get
some free legal advice that way.

I suggest that is bad advice. Go to the Parking Manager at the council
concerned and if he will not do anything about this ticket (if all the
details you have given are correct and the bay wasn't suspended etc)
then go direct to the Parking Appeals service and if all you say is
correct the ticket should be quashed.

Umm, asking if he's satified that everything about the ticket details
are correct is bad advice? Suggesting that he might be able to get
legal advice through either his motoring or household insurance is bad
advice?

The latter, yes - as it's merely wasting his time.

--
Dave