Old November 14th 04, 02:15 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Colin Colin is offline

Default disused esclators at LU Charing Cross

On 2004-11-13 21:56:51 +0000, "James Salisbury"
said:

I was at LU Charring Cross today, I noticed a set of unused esclators
at the bottom of the main set of esclators, where do they go etc?

I am guessing here, but probably down
to the now disused Jubilee Line platforms.

Yes, but I believe those disused escalators are now behind a wall so
cannot
be "noticed"...

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

I have been there at least once and seen the doors in the 'wall' open so you
could see the escalators behind.
I guess staff still go down there sometimes if there are equipment rooms
that need to be accessed, or if there is filming on the platforms etc.