Old August 4th 03, 07:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jeff Mowatt Jeff Mowatt is offline

Default Airport chaos - It won't change

Steve,

Care to let me in on the location of this information? I was thinking of
taking a trip to Bratislava soon and I know there are direct flights but it
means geting to Stansted and back. I was thinking either a 24 hour bus trip,
with a lot of sleeping or maybe taking Eurostar to Brussels and transferring
to a bus there. Don't relish the idea of multiple changes though.

Jeff

"Steve Dulieu" wrote in message

Out of intrest, I've just checked the fastest weekday train journey from
London to Vienna, it takes 16 hours 52 minutes and involves 5 trains.
IE...
06:53 E*9110 to Waterloo to Brussels, arr. 10:37
12:16 ICE15 Brussels to Frankfurt, arr. 16:01
16:19 IC2027 Frankfurt to Passau, arr. 20:36
20:42 E1829 Passau to Linz, arr. 22:23
22:27 OEC661 Linz to Vienna, arr. 00:45

There is a trip that only involves 2 trains, but that takes 19 hours 37
minutes
IE...
11:53 E*9024 to Paris, arr. 15:59
17:49 EN263 to Vienna, arr. 08:30

I don't know about you, but for the time being I'll take my chances at the
airport:-)
--
Cheers, Steve.
If The Good Lord had meant for us to be fiscally prudent, He would not

have
given us the platinum credit card...
Change colour to PC Plod's lights to reply.