Old November 16th 04, 12:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,uk.transport
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Eurostar to quit Waterloo

TheOneKEA wrote:
Paul Terry wrote in message ...

In message , Alex
Terrell writes

The Daily Telegraph reports that Eurostar will quit Waterloo in 2007.

I think this is a good idea. Even from Waterloo, it would be quicket
to take the tube to St Pancras and then take a fast Eurostar.

There's no direct tube! It ought to be quicker to take the Jubilee
direct from Waterloo to Stratford and pick-up Eurostar there. However,
the interchange at Stratford looks as though it is going to be poor.

Actually, it won't. If the Stratford International DLR link is mooted,
passengers will have level access from the Jubbly terminus to the
former westbound NLL platform, where they can catch the DLR to the
International station.

You are right about the lack of direct tube services; unfortunately,
the obvious choice of changing at Warren Street requires hiking
through the station. Too bad that Crossrail 3 will be opened after the
sun has burnt out...

Waterloo to King's Cross isn't terrible - if it's done via the
cross-platform interchange at Oxford Circus. However, it's not the most
obvious route (which I reckon, from the tube map, looks like via
Leicester Square). Perhaps they should put up really big signs at
Waterloo...

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7