Old November 16th 04, 06:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tony Wilson Tony Wilson is offline

Default Principles of LU gate operation

"Malcolm & Nika" wrote
We wont go down the "suport from BTP" route. Its legendary. In fact there
are times where a CSA has detained a fare dodger only to find himself on
charges instead.
The CCTV thing is in operation on most stations.....as for local paper,
human rights issues and innocent until proven guilty etc.

Hmmm, another example of where the law is used to protect the guilty? And I
thought that the Police had been won around to the concept of zero-tolerance
style policing on transport, whereby there is a good chance fare dodgers are
also quite likely to be committing other offences?

Oh well, I agree with you that if the support from BTP is that poor on this
then you can't expect LU staff to risk being charged for restraining
someone.

Tony