Old November 16th 04, 09:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,uk.transport
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default Eurostar to quit Waterloo

TheOneKEA wrote to uk.transport.london on Tue, 16 Nov 2004:

Maybe customers in SWT-land. But what about customers on the Central
Line? Or customers living in Beckton? Or folks on the District?

IMO, whatever custom Eurostar *might* lose by closing Waterloo and
forcing folks to go to St. Pancras and Stratford will undoubtedly be
reversed by the much larger numbers of people who will be able to get
to Stratford far more easily (and cheaply!) than Waterloo.

But we don't want not to have Stratford - we want to have Waterloo *as
well*!!!! The right to choose, and all that jazz....

Another poster commented about day-trip traffic - people living in the
North - my daughter, in York, for instance, or a friend in Hull - simply
can't do day-trips anyway, wherever the Eurostar leaves from. They do
3-days to Amsterdam by ferry, not 24 hours in Paris or Brussels! And I
can't see that changing.

As I've already stated, I feel that whatever traffic Eurostar might
lose at Waterloo, it will regain in spades at Stratford. *Especially*
if the Stratford International is opened in a timely fashion.

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha..... You really reckon it will be? I've got a
bridge in Brooklyn....
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/