Old November 16th 04, 09:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses
colin gittins colin gittins is offline

Default Millennium Transit - London bus route M1

If you are looking to ride a guided route there are others throu out the
Country., Some like the Ipswich one of FEC is only a few yards long
"Barry Salter" wrote in message
On 15 Nov 2004 12:31:50 -0800, (Dominic) wrote:

I didn't live in London then, so it seems I've missed my chance to
travel on this optically guided bus route. I can't find any posts
mourning its passing, so am I right to assume the Railway Inspectorate
never approved the Alstom (!) guidance system and it ran unguided
until its end? I've found this news story:
http://ivsource.net/archivep/2000/se...enniumbus.html

Rumour was that the guided busway never opened because one of the Dome
sponsors was Tesco, and the route in question went straight past a
Sainsburys...Though that might be an urban myth.

As for the guided busway itself, it has now opened, as a conventional
non-guided route, though still buses only, served by routes 161, 472 and
486.

HTH,

Barry

--
Barry Salter, barry at southie dot me dot uk
Read uk.* newsgroups? Read uk.net.news.announce!