Old November 16th 04, 03:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,uk.transport
Terry Harper Terry Harper is offline

Default Eurostar to quit Waterloo

"Solar Penguin" wrote in message
--- Terry Harper said:

Those from South-East of London find it more convenient to go to

Ashford,
rather than go into London, transfer to Waterloo, walk down a very

long
platform, and return whence they came. Gatwick was much more

convenient, but
nature abhors a vacuum.

Some parts of South East London, maybe? But what about those of us in
other parts of South London? To get from here to Ashford, I'd probably
have to go to Victoria or London Bridge and change for a semi-fast train
out to Ashford, taking forever to get there. And again on the way back.
There'd be no time left to enjoy my day trip to Paris at all.

I didn't say South East London, I said South-East of London, which covers
large parts of Surrey, all of Kent and a large part of Sussex. Those who
have the misfortune to live in Chairman Ken's domain have to put up with the
consequences.
--
Terry Harper, Web Co-ordinator, The Omnibus Society
75th Anniversary 2004, see http://www.omnibussoc.org/75th.htm