Old November 17th 04, 07:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,uk.transport
David Jackman David Jackman is offline

Default Eurostar to quit Waterloo

"John Rowland" wrote in
:

"Graeme Wall" wrote in message

once you do away with customs, immigration
and insecurity. build a mezanine over the current
sunken area before the barrier line and have level access to the
platforms as per the rest of the station.

I suspect customs etc at Waterloo will be mothballed rather than
removed, because they will want somewhere to offload Johnny Foreigner
if an incident closes the Stratford / St Pancras line.

Can't see this happening. The new line will have Ashford, Ebbsfleet and
Stratford for detraining is there is a problem at St. Pancras and I'd be
surprised if the 3rd rail capability of the 373's wasn't removed at the
first opportunity.