Old November 17th 04, 08:41 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Cynic Cynic is offline

Default Suing for frivolous parking ticket

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:15:52 -0000, "Carlos"
wrote:

Clearly the parking attendant was trying it on, aware that a certain
percentage probably just pay up. But I want to make a stand and sue the
council for wasting my time. Would I be reasonable in charging a £50 admin
charge for having to issue an explanatory note..?

You can *try* anything you like. But you would be wasting your time.
It will lead only to frustration and possibly a loss of money. There
are more worthwhile "causes" to spend your efforts on.

If you want to create waves, make sure that you get evidence that the
car park was indeed free after 17:30 on the day in question. It is
not unheard of for rules and signs to be changed retrospectively.

--
Cynic