Old November 17th 04, 10:25 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Carlos Carlos is offline

Default Suing for frivolous parking ticket

By wasting yet more time pursuing a frivolous action? I suppose some
people might think there's logic in that approach, but their probably
the ones with too much time on their hands.

If your time is valuable enough to contemplate suing for it being
wasted, its too valuable to waste in pursuing the course of action you
propose.

If I could just rip up the ticket and forget about it then I wouldn't mind
at all.

But I have to be proactive in disputing this to avoid bailiffs knocking on
my door, which means writing a letter, photocopying the tickets, travelling
to town in my lunchbreak and queuing for 20 minutes to send it recorded
delivery........ then wait for them to bestow their gracious pardon on my
parking ticket. Of course they may send me back an inane automated rejection
letter which completely misses the point, giving me a further 14 days to
pay... in which case I have to go through the whole rigmarole again sigh