Old November 17th 04, 07:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,uk.transport
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default Eurostar to quit Waterloo

Theo Markettos wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 17 Nov 2004:

What were platforms 20-24 used for before construction of the Eurostar
terminal? They looked forlorn and neglected the only time I remember seeing
them in the late eighties. Was there a canopy that was demolished to make
way for Eurostar?

Surely they were being built in the late 80s? Actually, I think they
were built earlier - early 80s - but the construction of the Channel
Tunnel was delayed so that they did sit mothballed for awhile.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/