Old November 17th 04, 04:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Electronic bus destination blinds

In article ,
(Mrs Redboots) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 17 Nov 2004:

I'm not so sure about that. Speaking from over 25 years working for the
company that made the radios for Tramlink and other PT, distinguishing
the message type is pretty trivial technology probably already
incorporated. I'd be more worried about the voice quality being good
enough for PA over the radio, though.

A lot of modern buses do seem to have PA incorporated, so that the
driver can make announcements - notably, of course, the one who was
featured on the news last Tube strike telling her passengers that she
would open the door when it was safe to do so! I imagine it wouldn't be
beyond the realms of possibility for PA to be standard on all buses, so
that drivers could relay information given over the radio.

Indeed. I was thinking of long-line PA over the radio rather than direct
within the bus.

--
Colin Rosenstiel