Old November 18th 04, 10:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,uk.transport
gwr4090 gwr4090 is offline

Default Eurostar to quit Waterloo

In article ,
Solar Penguin wrote:

-- Terry Harper said:

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
Terry Harper wrote:

No, it's a comment on the consequences of living in Greater
London on one's choice of transport. The word, if it exists,
is probably centrospective.

Personally, I'd rather have Ken running my transport than the
DfT, or whatever county council. At least things get done.

You miss the point, Dave. That is that transport in London tends
to be almost exclusively radial. You have little option but to travel
via the centre zone.

Yes, that's true. But why did you bring Ken into it? The radial
infrastructure was there for over a hundred years before he was elected.
This is one of the few things he can't blamed for!

....and he is also pressing on with the ELL extension which will
eventually, after completion of phase 2 to Clapham Jc, provide a full ring
route around London in combination with the the NLL and WLL lines.

David