Old November 18th 04, 04:01 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Paul Weaver Paul Weaver is offline

Default Suing for frivolous parking ticket

"Cynic" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:57:15 -0000, "Carlos"
wrote:

If you want to create waves, make sure that you get evidence that the
car park was indeed free after 17:30 on the day in question. It is
not unheard of for rules and signs to be changed retrospectively.

Absolutely positive it was free after 17:30 because a) the signs stated

so
quite unambiguously b) the machine capped my parking time to 17:30 even
though I had theoretically put enough money to take me to 18:05.

I'm afraid you will have to read with a bit more comprehension and
understand some of the sneakier possibilities if you want a good
chance of getting anywhere.

Please read my paragraph (top) again, and try to understand what I am
saying. I was *not* questioning your assertion that the car park was
in fact free at the time you said it was.

A post to this newsgroup quite a while back described how, after an
accident had occured involving a council vehicle failing to give way,
the signs were changed and road markings repainted on a junction so
that right of way was reversed in favour of the road the council
vehicle had been on.

As he has the ticket which says
1) £1
2) Entry 17:05
3) Expires 17:30

Then they would have to increase pay and display to £2.40 an hour, a 140%
rise would not go unnoticed by the media
--
Everything above is the personal opinion of the author, and nothing to do
with where he works and all that lovely disclaimery stuff.