Old November 20th 04, 02:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Keith Spink Keith Spink is offline

Default Ebbsfleet vs Northfleet

Same for people in neighbouring Bexley borough to the west - easy
reach of Dartford and North Kent line from existing stations, but looks

like
there'll be no easy reach of Dartford Int'l = everyone in Bexley and west
Dartford will be taking car/taxi/bus when they *should* be able to go by
rail!

As someone who lives in Slade Green it would seem sensible to have a direct
connection from Dartford to Ebbsfleet by rail.

Early on, I was hoping they'd extend the Dartford line services from

London
to Dartford Int'l by default, but that now looks unlikely, particularly
given the suggested link to the North Kent line which permits access from
the east only.

Yep, it does seem a good idea.
Hopefully if they ever build Crossrail we might get a link from Dartford to
Ebbsfleet.

Keith Spink
InfoTransport (http://www.infotransport.co.uk)
Transport Images (http://www.transportimages.com/)