Old November 20th 04, 11:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
M.Whitson M.Whitson is offline

Default Ebbsfleet vs Northfleet

"Peter Masson" wrote in message

"Keith Spink" wrote in message

As someone who lives in Slade Green it would seem sensible to have a

direct
connection from Dartford to Ebbsfleet by rail.

Hopefully if they ever build Crossrail we might get a link from Dartford

Ebbsfleet.

I wonder how much new rail developments in and about Ebbsfleet depend on
wheter or not the 2012 Olympic bid is successful or not. My view is that if
the bid fails (and I hope it does) then all these grandiose rail schemes
will disappear into the wood work. At least we won't be saddled with the
enormous debts suffered by former successful bidders.
MJW
AIUI Crossrail intend to call their terminus Ebbsfleet Crossrail. The bad
news is that the likely location is adjacent to Northfleet station, rather
than adjacent to Ebbsfleet aka Dartford International.
Peter