Old November 22nd 04, 08:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tfp ntl tfp ntl is offline

Default getting to Elstree

Edward Cowling wrote:
This group has been incredibly helpful in the
past, so I thought I'd try this strange one.

I have to get from N13 to Elstree Aerodrome
on Wednesday morning.

After looking at various maps the best I can
come up with on public transport is ;

Train to Watford Junction and get a taxi.

Can anyone tell me a better way ?

Always ready to help out Lord Genghis of IBBS, especially as a few years
ago I emigrated to Watford.

A quick check on Mapsource gives the following distances, to Elstree
Aerodrome (which is in the middle of nowhere..)

Watford Junction (Rail) 6.5 miles
Stanmore (Tube) 4.2 miles
Elstree and Borehamwood (Rail) 2.8 miles

So I guess it's whichever one is more convenient in terms of your
routing from N13, if it's early, why not try and chat up you local mini
cab firm, it's only 12.5 miles from Palmers Green High Road and that may
well be a less hassle option, just a thought.

If you choose the Stanmore option then Jubilee Cars are based at the top
of the station steps, or were last time I used them a little while back
0208 954 8000

Respect to my Lord... from those 2400 baud days, of green screens, OLEF
and other things most ancient.