Old November 23rd 04, 12:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,uk.transport
James James is offline

Default Eurostar to quit Waterloo

"Solar Penguin" wrote in message ...
--- Charley_Ashbury said:

As much as I'd like to go on train, as we prefer it, I drive us down

Ashford, or we fly from Manchester. I don't want to suffer multiple

changes
and dragging of suitcases on the tube, just to London and the SE can

have
Waterloo for their sole "exclusive" use.

I think you've missed the point. Those of us in London and the SE want
Waterloo *as well as* St. Pancras. Just having one or the other is
always going to be inconvenient for someone.

It's easy: get off at Vauxhall, get on the Victoria Line, get off at
KXSP. That is one of the easiest cross-London transfers ever. If your
particular train doesn't stop at Vauxhall, perhaps you would like to
lobby SWT to stop it there.