Old November 23rd 04, 12:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default East London Line extension news

Angus Bryant wrote:
"Dave Arquati" wrote in message

Kapitan Klink wrote:

Phase 2 would also include Surrey Quays to Clapham Junction, replacing
South London Line services. It hasn't been said what alternative
arrangements would be made for travellers from Wandsworth Road to any
central London station. All other SLL stations seem to have alternative
services to the ones they would lose.

Lose what services?

Look at the map on the webpage given.

http://tinyurl.com/5cgdo

Wandsworth Road and Clapham High Street are shown as National Rail
interchange stations, which sorta implies that the South London Line
services will continue (I don't know of any other NR services which
use those stations)

What route will the trains take to get from the SLL to clapham Jn?

I wonder if they plan to stop other NR services at Wandsworth Rd and
Clapham High St to substitute for the lost SLL services (I read that
someone mentioned replacing SLL services in phase 2 - but I can't
remember where!).

Is there still a plan to open a station at Brixton? This would be a really
useful interchange for any SLL/orbital service.

Currently depends on funding; a station at Brixton would be on the brick
viaduct and would cost around £70m. ELLX Phase 2 would probably go ahead
without it, to make sure the cost of the station at Brixton didn't
jeopardise the rest of the project.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7