Old November 23rd 04, 10:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
redtube redtube is offline

Default Late-night Tube plan announced

"Phil Richards" wrote in message
T...
redtube wrote:

"A plan to run London Underground services for an extra hour on Friday
and Saturday nights will be put to Londoners, the Mayor has said.

Oh yeah are they going to put the idea to the Train Ops as well?

So a change to rosters, perhaps. What's wrong with that?

A hell uv a lot thats what You think I want to be faced with turns finishin
at 2am or whatever to cart a load of smashed faced loonies around that fall
asleep, sometimes throw up and often have to be removed from carriages.Also
they will push more night turns on us and remember we dont get paid any
extra any more for night duties its all thrown in the monthly salary these
days whatever hours of the 24 hour clock worked. Might be different if there
was sommat in it for us. What decent people travel home at that hour anyway?