Old November 23rd 04, 11:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Late-night Tube plan announced

redtube wrote:
"Phil Richards" wrote in message
T...
redtube wrote:

"A plan to run London Underground services for an extra hour on
Friday and Saturday nights will be put to Londoners, the Mayor
has said.

Oh yeah are they going to put the idea to the Train Ops as well?

So a change to rosters, perhaps. What's wrong with that?

A hell uv a lot thats what You think I want to be faced with turns
finishin at 2am or whatever to cart a load of smashed faced loonies
around that fall asleep, sometimes throw up and often have to be
removed from carriages.Also they will push more night turns on us
and remember we dont get paid any extra any more for night duties
its all thrown in the monthly salary these days whatever hours of
the 24 hour clock worked. Might be different if there was sommat in
it for us.

There is. Five-day, 35-hour working week and 52 days holiday according
to the BBC. Bob Crow and the RMT have agreed a deal which includes the
principles of later running on Friday and Saturday, and also commits to
24-hour working on New Year's Eve. See

I've just noticed that the report says the deal has been agreed by
"station staff". Not sure if that's significant (not drivers?) or if
it's just sloppy wording.

--
Richard J.