Old November 24th 04, 11:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,uk.transport
TP TP is offline

Default Eurostar to quit Waterloo

Mrs Redboots wrote:

To be absolutely fair, could that not be because Eurostar, so far, has
been more convenient for those whose journeys so originate, and with the
move to St P that demographic might change?

Yes, indeed it could. But the fact remains that the SWT catchment,
more than any other, includes a very much higher proportion of the
movers and shakers who are likely to pay full fares or premium fares
(first class) on Eurostar.

No doubt St Pancras International will open doors to many who might
currently be dissuaded by the difficulty of getting to Waterloo
International, but they are far more likely to be travelling on
cheaper tickets. I am in that category, and am much more likely to
use Eurostar as a result. However, that doesn't prevent me from
seeing that the decision to abandon Waterloo International will tend
to hurt the customer base that Eurostar needs most, that is, not me!

;-)