Old November 24th 04, 12:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,uk.transport
TP TP is offline

Default Eurostar to quit Waterloo

wrote:

I still can't see what's wrong with taking the new super-glamorous
Jubilee line extension from Waterloo to the new super-glamorous
Eurostar station at Stratford.

The stations on the Jubilee Line extension might be cathedral-like,
and their architecture might even merit the term "super-glamorous",
but the trains are still the same tiny, cramped, hot little scale
models of real trains that the Tube provides.

I am always amazed at the contrast between the architecture for this
line, which is magnificent in its scope, shape, form and detail, and
the tiny little trains that serve such glorious stops.