Old November 24th 04, 07:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Chris Chris is offline

Default Late-night Tube plan announced

"redtube" wrote in message ...
"Chris" wrote in message
om...
I thought it was in the bye-laws that you can't be intoxicated and
travel on the tube

er interesting concept but not likely to be true otherwise there would be
nobody on the trains after midnight!

"4. Intoxication and possession of intoxicating liquor
(1) No person in a state of intoxication shall enter or remain on the
railway.
(2) Where reasonable notice is, or has been given prohibiting
intoxicating liquor on any train service, no person shall have any
intoxicating liquor with him on it, or attempt to enter such train
with intoxicating liquor with him.
(3) Where an authorised person reasonably believes that any person is
in a state of intoxication or has with him intoxicating liquor
contrary to this Byelaw, the authorised person may:
(i) require him to leave the railway; and
(ii) prevent him entering or remaining on the railway until the
authorised person is satisfied that he has no intoxicating liquor with
him. "

From http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/about/byelaw.asp

From my experience, most staff of leisure places open beyond midnight
get a taxi paid for by their place of work so most of the travellers
are revellers and most are drunk