Old November 24th 04, 09:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Canning Town DLR junctions

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
Dr. Sunil wrote:

I don't think there'd be enough space immediately
northwest of the station, you've got the River Lea,
two sets of powerlines and the newly re-done A13
Canning Town flyover in the way!

Hmmm. So they can't drop down from the DLR viaduct
onto the NLL? More complicated than I thought then.
This would mean that the DLR would have to use the
NLL platforms, and departures to Beckton and to Woolwich
Arsenal could take place from two different platforms.

.... which wouldn't be so bad if the high level island was widened, so that
its western edge was over the western edge of the present NLL platforms, and
its eastern edge was left where it is. The high level island could then have
escalators connecting to the present NLL platform, as well as escalators
connecting it to the Jubilee platform.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped